Information on how to enter and program details form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid. These Terms and Conditions may be updated and amended during the program period.
1.The Program Deliverer is Darebin Enterprise Centre Ltd. trading as Melbourne Innovation Centre” (ABN 55 078 961 707) (“Melbourne Innovation Centre”) (the “Program Deliverer”)
2. Entry is open to Australian Residents who are 18 years or older. Entries can be made by Eligible Applicants. Applicants cannot nominate a person who is not named on the entry to participate in the program.The directors, management, and employees of Melbourne Innovation Centre who are directly associated with the conduct of this program are ineligible to enter the program.
3. The directors, management, and employees of Melbourne Innovation Centre who are directly associated with the conduct of this program are ineligible to enter the program.
4. Applications open on the 1st March 2018 and close on 12th April 2018 at 11:59pm AEST. Successful applicants will be notified no later than the 17th April 2018. The Program Deliverer accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible applications will be deemed invalid. Applications must be submitted in the manner required and received by the Program Deliverer during the Program Period. Late entries will not be accepted.
5. To enter the Program, Eligible Applicants must complete an application form by visiting www.tybo.com.au during the Application Period.
6. A fee of $595 (inclusive of GST) is payable to the Program Deliverer in entering the Program, payable prior to the commencement of the first training session.
7. Any entry that contains content that the Program Deliverer and/or Sponsors, in their sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Program Deliverer and/or Sponsors considers, in their sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Program Deliverer’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Applications will be screened by Program Deliverer and Sponsors to be reviewed for suitability in terms of:
Strength of relevance to program criteria will be accepted into the Program and will be known as Participants.
9. Participants will participate in training sessions held on various days (see below) held at the Australia Post Small Business Hive Geelong, 108 Gheringhap Street, Geelong, VIC during the period from 19th April 2018 to 17th May 2018 by Melbourne Innovation Centre, and mentors and trainers in the Program.
Thursday 19th April 2018
Thursday 26th April 2018
Thursday 3rd May 2018
Thursday 10th May 2018
Thursday 17th May 2018
10. During the Program, the Participants will work with Melbourne Innovation Centre to refine and develop ideas through the training sessions and one-on-one mentoring appointments. The Program consists of approximately 25 direct contact hours (5x 4hr group workshops, and one-on-one check-in appointments). However, it is anticipated that Participants will further develop their ideas and concepts away from the training sessions, and tasks will be provided for Participants to complete in their own time. Attendance at Program Training Sessions is mandatory.
11. Participants will have access to the Small Business Hive for three months. Access of the Small Business Hive is during business hours only (Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm, during the months of April, May, June 2018).
Right to verify
12. The Program Deliverer reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Program. The Program Deliverer’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
13. Applicants must only enter in their own name. The Program Deliverer reserves the right to request Participants to produce (within a nominated time period) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Program Deliverer’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm their identity, age, residency and/or eligibility to enter and/or claim their place within the program. If the documentation required by the Program Deliverer is not received by the Program Deliverer (or its nominated agent) or the Participant has not been verified or validated to the Program Deliverer’s satisfaction within the time requested, that Participant’s entry will become invalid. Proof of identification, residency, and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
Confidentiality & Privacy
14. The Program Deliverer acknowledges that the entry is confidential. Subject to clause 15 below, the Program Deliverer, undertakes to ensure that only the Program Deliverer and Sponsor will have access to the entries.
15. Your Personal Information is being collected by the Program Deliverer to include Applicants in the Program. If you fail to provide the Personal Information that is being requested you may not be able to enter this Program, deal with your complaint or receive marketing information (as applicable). The Promoter may also share your Personal Information with other Sponsors.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
16. All entries and any intellectual property rights subsisting in the entries remain at all times the property of the Participants.
17. Participants warrant that they own or have the right to use the intellectual property used in the submission.
18. As a condition of entering this Program, Participants consent to the Program Deliverer and Sponsors using the Participant’s, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) and general descriptions of the application in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this Program (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Program and Sponsors. The Participants agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
19. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Program Deliverers (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Program, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Program Deliverer’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any application that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Program Deliverer) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Program Deliverer.
20. If this Program is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Program Deliverer including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Program, the Program Deliverer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Participant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Program, as appropriate.
21. The Program Deliverer and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to entrant’s or any other person’s mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this Program or the downloading of any materials related to this Program.
22. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Program may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Program Deliverer reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Program Deliverer suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by a Participant, the Participant agrees to indemnify the Program Deliverer for those losses, damages, and costs.